1. My big bass and the one I have to beat. It was hooked within sight of downtown Nashville. I caught this one “walking the dog ” on a top water popper!
2. I caught in late March on the Cumberland River using a jerk bait.
3. I caught in March fishing off the bank in my private honey hole. She was an 8 pounder.
4. I caught on the Cumberland River using a top water plug. She was a 7 pounder.
5. I caught in a private lake on a spinnerbait.
#5. My wife says I spend way to much money on fishing supplies but I still love going up and down each and every aisle in Bass Pro Shop!!! #4. I love all the big toys (like my bass boat and breaking in my new Mercury motor, it’s bad a$$)!!!! #3. The thrill of the … More Mel’s Top 5: Why I Love to Fish
Check out this week’s report! Tennesseean Report
This week I will be talking about my favorite fishing lures of all time! (I won’t be getting into details about brands though, I don’t want you to know ALL my secrets after all!!!) #5 10″ Plastic Worm #4 Lipless Crankbait #3 Jerk-Bait #2 Spinnerbait #1 Topwater Popper– There are several types of topwater baits to … More Mel’s Top 5: Lures
I love having the river all to myself early in the morning! Check out this video of me cruising down the Cumberland last Saturday morning. There is even a special appearance by the General Jackson Showboat.
This week on Mel’s Top 5, I am going to be talking about some of my favorite lakes in and around Nashville. #5. Center Hill Lake– Near Smithville, TN #4. Old Hickory Lake – Northeast Nashville #3. Percy Priest Lake– East Nashville #2. Natchez Trace State Park Lakes in West TN #1. Cheatham Lake– Near Ashland City, … More Mel’s Top 5: Local Lakes